High Intensity Therapist/CBT Therapist
Are you passionate about the care and treatment of your clients? Do you want to make a lasting difference and be part of somebody’s journey to improve their mental health. If so, The Forward Trust are looking for you!
For more than 25 years, Forward have been working with people building positive and productive lives, whatever their past. Our services have supported thousands of people to make positive changes and build productive lives with a job, family, friends and a sense of community.
It is an exciting time at Forward with the recent addition of providing mental health IAPT services in prisons across Hertfordshire, Essex and Suffolk.
We believe and are committed to providing opportunities to all people including those with ‘Lived Experience’ we encourage applications from all background including those in recovery from addiction, co-dependency or gambling, have experience of previous offending or homelessness.
What you will be doing?
In this role, you will work with adults on an individual face-to-face basis or through facilitating therapeutic groups working with people with different cultural backgrounds and ages and committed to equal opportunities making a lasting change to peoples lives.
You will provide a range of high intensity evidence based interventions in line with IAPT guidance. There will also be additional management and leadership duties working in conjunction with the Senior Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner.
- Carry out interventions relevant to individual client needs including 1:1 sessions and group work. Interventions may include Interpersonal psychotherapy for depression, brief dynamic interpersonal therapy, counselling for depression, mindfulness based CBT and Behavioural activation therapy.
- Develop and contribute to the thorough care needs of service users, supporting them in the development of release plans which are appropriate to their needs.
- Make decisions regarding the suitability of new referrals.
- Assess Service Users suitability for high intensity Step 3 interventions.
What we are looking for?
- Experience of working with people with mental health difficulties and people in primary care.
- Experience of undertaking comprehensive risk assessments, including assessment of risk to self and others.
- Experience of delivering high intensity IAPT interventions.
- A thorough understanding of Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) and the concept of stepped care
- IAPT High Intensity qualification (post graduate diploma)
- Post graduate level of training in psychology accredited by the BPS