Female Support Worker
Would you like to be part of a small and highly specialised service which is committed to supporting me in the community?
Would you like to involve people and support them to be part of the local community?
Would you like to be well trained, well supported, well paid and know that you are making a positive difference every time you go to work?
I am looking for people to support me in Canterbury both at home and in my local community.
I enjoy spending time with animals, gaming, reading, doing quizzes and watching programs such as master mind. My family is important to me and I need to feel safe in my home.
I will need people to support me all day in my home and the community with developing community awareness, independent living skills, staying safe, maintaining a healthy lifestyle, managing anxiety and challenges specific to me.
I am starting on a new journey in life which is exciting and scary, I will need support to achieve the best life can be for me, from people who are excited to take this journey with me.
About the role
- I need my support workers to be patient and understanding.
- My support workers need to be mindful of the language they use when communicating with me.
- The role will include supporting me in my own home and in the community.
- The role will include supporting me in difficult times and good.
- You will be required to work alongside specialists in multi-disciplinary teams. this may include Phycologists, probation officers, Occupational Therapists, Social Workers and more.